Monday 26 March 2012

Japanese Cottonsoft Cheesecake


This is my first time doing the Japanese cottonsoft cheesecake, the texture, the moist and the method of doing it is the same like making the Angle Food cake or for fellow asian friend is Chiffon Cake. I been telling you the truth I has eaten it first time when I bought it frozen from Asian Market at Drury Street, Dublin City Centre. I bought 2 of them, thinking to left for my daughters, I don't expect the taste is so yummy and I end up eating all of them....what a selfish am I... ;(( Thank god I keep the wrapper and I know the cake name and finally I got the recipe from net. Very easy if you follow the method properly...

Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
Ingredients:
140g/5 oz. fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
50g/2 oz. butter
250g/9 oz. cream cheese
100 ml/3 fluid oz. fresh milk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
60g/2 oz. cake flour /superfine flour
20g/1 oz. cornflour (cornstarch)
1/4 tsp. salt
Instructions:
(Preheat oven to 160deg)
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. (Softening the cream cheese WITHOUT its foil, in a microwave helps speed up this step. Should take 15-20s depending on your microwave)
2.Cool the mixture. Mix in lemon juice, egg yolks and then fold in the flour and cornflour.
3. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
4. Fold egg white mixture 1/3 at a time, to the cheese mixture until the batter is even.
5. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).
4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown. (I left mine to cool for half an hour in the oven with the doors ajar as advised from other bloggers cos I was afraid that it would collapse suddenly if there was too big a change in temp)

No comments:

Post a Comment